Newport Craft (Newport Craft Brewing and Distilling, Radiant Pig Beer, Braven Brewing) is a rapidly growing craft brand collective located in beautiful Newport, RI. Our new and improved taproom(s) will be a key part of our success and it is often the first experience consumers have with our brand(s). The Taproom Manager is responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the taproom, working closely with our events and production team, and assisting on site marketing. The Taproom Manager reports to, and works closely with management in order to fully understand the strategic direction and objectives for each week, month, quarter, etc. This role is responsible for directly managing the tap room team, ensuring that all their daily duties are completed on time and to standards cultivating a positive environment for everyone that visits the taproom at Newport Craft.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and pleasant taproom environment for customers and staff.
- Manage Tasting Room (TR) Manager, Event Coordinator, and Event Sales Executive.
- Communicate job expectations to tap room and event staff; provide additional training to ensure they fully understand all policies & procedures.
- Support the team by leading by example and covering as needed.
- Handle conflict resolution with customers, vendors, and tap room staff, using good judgment, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Assist with planning, marketing and supervising onsite events.
- Update and maintain POS system; resolve technical issues.
- Keep an accurate and appropriate inventory of tap room supplies & merchandise.
- Manage revenue and reporting according to established procedures.
- Build brand recognition and loyalty through onsite initiatives.
- Conduct business development in the community to increase the taproom revenue stream.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 3 years of restaurant, bar, or brewery experience as manager, 5 years as assistant manager or TR manager.
- Must be available to work all taproom operating hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of and passion for craft beer, spirits, and the brewing/distilling industry.
- Strong communication and administration skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude for and desire to learn the mechanical workings of taproom equipment in order to address problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to supervise, coach and train tap room team, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people.
- Comfortable speaking to customers and in large groups.
- TIPS and/or Cicerone Certified (or ability to become certified immediately).
- Starting salary: $50,000 to $70,000 Based on experience.
- 10 days PTO.
- Eligibility for company Health, Dental, & Vision plans after 30 days.
- Employee discount on beer & merchandise.
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance.
- Employee discount.
- Paid time off.
- Bonus Potential.
- Retirement Plan with Company Match.
- Bar/Brewery/Distillery/Event Space
- Full time
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- In person